This is a page about us... a page about love....a page about life.... a page about two best friends coming together and living happily ever after...

Friday, December 23, 2016

A Day in the Life

Finally on Christmas break...not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing... ask me in two weeks. It has been so hectic around here trying to wrangle these kids and get everything ready for Christmas. I am not sure how moms with more kids or even moms that work full time do this. I am constantly exhausted. Seriously, those moms are my heroes!!

Last week, was a pretty typical morning trying to get us all ready to go. It was a pretty long week in between school and dance we had lots of doctors appointments. I lucked out this time where our appointment wasn't until 11:15... I don't totally understand how doctors offices just call and say "hey you have an appointment scheduled at this day and time" without even asking... again moms that work... how does that even fit?? Anyway, I snapped this pic and sent it to my friend on how my day was going...


This pretty much summed up my day... really my whole week. We were going for a hearing aid appointment and I seriously had everything in hand, walking out the door... the child did not even have her hearing aids in her ears!! Really?? We got there right at 11:15 frazzled with messy ponytails. This was actually how my entire week looked. Husband has been working long hours all week and I have successfully (maybe not) dried Dylan's hair, cooked dinner-while pouring half a bag of rice all over the floor, and put makeup on including mascara all while holding a baby this week!

This is how our day ended: with a smile (even though she asked about 50 times at the doctors if we could go home), a new hearing aid bear, new pink hearing aids, Arby's in our bellies, and only one more doctors visit left this year.


It was a bad week... I was left feeling defeated and exhausted with no end in sight. I thought if I could just have one week.... just one week where I didn't have to do anything- no appointments, no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry- it would be so awesome!

I posted this pic on facebook and got a message from a friend saying she didn't know Dylan had hearing aids and she asked a lot of questions. I told her it was hard but we were glad we were finally getting the help we need and we could already tell such a big difference in a short time. In the end she told me that her daughter had a leg amputation at 9 months old and how it never stopped her and she is going strong 11 years later. Wow! And just like that, God reminds us how very blessed we are. It is hard going to all these appointments but can you imagine how many appointments that she has had to go to?? How many different therapies and surgeries and doctors they have seen? How many tears that mom has cried asking why?
Thankful this Christmas for two beautiful, healthy (hearing) babies!
And as the Wise old Owl in "Pete the Cat" said... Just remember to look for the good in every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment